Over the past 12 years the Young Horse Teaching
and Research Program has received support from a variety of generous donors, at
a variety of levels, many for multiple years.
|Sandra Denarski with one of the four she sponsored in 2009, RU Pardner||Julie and Peter Richards with RU Firedance||Carla Prentiss with RU Genesis and Erin||Dr. and Mrs. Bill Meyer with RU Honky Tonk and Kelly|
|Dr. and Mrs. Bill Bauer with the four horses (and associated students!) they supported 2009-2010!||Liz Durkin with RU Levi (Class of 2011) and student Jackie Teson. ||Joanna Barnish with RU Cassanova (Class of 2010) and Casey and Elyse|
|Dr. Ralston and Margrit McCrane|
WITH OUT THEIR SUPPORT THE PROGRAM WOULD NOT
NEW: Dr. John Walsh/Young
Horse Research and Teaching Scholarship for Pre-Veterinary students. All
support is greatly appreciated and if not designated for scholarships goes
directly towards the operation and continued improvement of the program.
Donations in cash or goods and services can be given at the following levels:
We also encourage potential donors to consider
contributing to horse rescue facilities and organizations that are actively
trying to place/care for horses in need such as the US Wild
Horse and Burro Association, Standardbred
Retirement Fund, ReRun, Another Chance4Horses, Mylestone
Equine Rescue and many others. There are also lists at the Unwanted Horse Coalition website. Contact
Dr. Ralston for more information: 732-932-94045, Ralston@Aesop.rutgers
- "Doctorate": more than $10,000 + on a continuing basis
- "Masters": $5,000- $9,999
- "Highest Honors": $1,000- $4,999
- "Honors": $500- $999
- "Baccalaureate": $1- $499
which the program would not have
Note: links to sponsor websites indicated by blue
Past Sponsors, without
whose support the program would not exist!
Foundation: the primary and sustaining sponsor for the first 10 years!
would not exist now without their support in past.
Dr. and Mrs. Bill
(Johnson and Johnson matching funds)
Class of 1954 Fund
via Mr. Herb Hersh
who have helped every year with advice, support and help in so many
- Barbara and Tricia Haertlein
(Hunterdon County Horse & Pony Association)
- Susan and John Samtak (Somerset Horse & Pony
- Ellen Weisfeld (Garden State Horse and Carriage Society)
- Liz Durkin - who bought Miss Genie the first year and has bought 5 other RU
grads since! She hosted the wonderful Reunion Party two years ago and is one of
our biggest promotors in the show world. We are deeply indebted to her support.
- Sandra Denarski, the chair of the Rutgers University Board of Equine
- Sarah Grossman and her parents, Stefan and Jo, who initiated this website
while Sarah was here as a student.
- Jane Meggitt - who has written so many wonderful articles about the program
- Equine Science
Center - help with advertising and promotion
- Julia Peterson - who bought Ubie the first year and has been back every year
- Katie Vogel - who started it all by adopting Winston, a PMU "rescue" foal in
1999 and helping with every auction since!
- And many, many more!
For questions about the program or the website, please contact Dr. Sarah Ralson
© 2011, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. All rights reserved.